On 20th October 2021, MFJCF conducted an awareness talk on organ donation at Apna Ghar Old Age Home in Jaipur. Dr. Hansika Parwani of MFJCF delivered the talk. She started the session with the introduction of MOHAN Foundation and MFJCF. She then spoke on the following topics:
- What is organ donation?
- How many organs and tissues can be donated?
- Who can be an organ donor?
- What is brain death?
- Organ donation after circulatory death and brain death
- Myths and facts associated with organ donation
- Whole body and eye donation
15 senior citizens of the home attended the talk and they were all very perceptive. They asked many questions about organ and body donation including:
- Whom to contact for body donation?
- Will the donated body be disposed off, after use by medical students?
- Can someone with cataract surgery donate eyes?
- I have no contact with my family, who will consent for donation?
All the questions were satisfactorily answered and the tollfree organ donation helpline number was shared with them. All of them pledged for organ donation and took donor cards; they also expressed interest in signing up for body donation. MFJCF is thankful for the opportunity.