MFJCF was invited by the Saraswati Girls Hostel in the Rajasthan University campus to conduct an awareness session on organ donation and transplantation. A total of 40 PhD students attended the talk held on 17th November 2021. Mrs Kamla Chaudhry of MFJCF was the speaker during the occasion.
She talked about the following points:
- Organ donation and types of donors
- Who can be a donor
- The status of organ donation in India
- Myths around organ donation
- Difference between natural death and brain death
- Age and organ donation
- Real life stories of organ donors of Rajasthan
- Importance of donor card
After her talk, Dr. Hansika Parwani informed the participants about availing the option of being an organ donor when applying for or renewing a driving license. She also explained to the students the various courses available at MOHAN Foundation. Participants were very motivated after the talk and also raised many questions, including:
- Why do doctors not suggest heart valve transplantation using donor valves, when this option is available?
- How to initiate a conversation about organ donation with families of deceased?
Mrs. Chaudhry and Dr. Hansika answered the questions satisfactorily. All 40 present, signed up as organ donors and received brochures and donor cards. MFJCF is thankful to Prof. Mamta Jain, Chief Warden, for inviting us to conduct the talk.