On 17th February 2020, MOHAN Foundation Jaipur Citizen Forum (MFJCF) delivered an awareness talk at the Rajasthan Police Academy. The audience was a group of 200 trainee police officers. Mrs. Ranju Jain and Major General Anuj Mathur from the Foundation were the resource persons.
The session started off with the participants filling out a survey on awareness about organ donation. Mrs. Ranju began her talk with the importance of blood and eye donation. Following that Maj. Gen. Anuj Mathur made a presentation elaborating on the concepts of organ donation. Maj. Gen. Anuj Mathur then spoke on the following topics in detail:
- Types of donors
- Difference between brain death and coma
- Organ and tissue donation while living and after death
- Age criteria to donate organs
- Transplantation of Human Organs Act
- Myths and misconceptions around organ donation
The audience was a highly interactive group, eager to learn more about organ donation. The MOHAN Foundation Jaipur Citizen Forum is thankful to the Rajasthan Police Academy for the opportunity.