On 13th December 2019, the Navjeevan team of MOHAN Foundation Jaipur Citizen Forum conducted an awareness talk on Organ Donation at the Heights Institute of Fashion & Technology in Jaipur, Rajasthan. The Institute established in 2003 at Jaipur, offers various courses in fashion, interior and jewelry designing and has a good placement cell.
Mrs. Ranju and Mr. Virendra Loona represented the MFJCF team. Mrs. Anjali Gupta of the institute along with 87 students welcomed MFJCF team members to deliver the talk.
Mrs Ranju gave detailed presentation that covered following points:
- Live and deceased organ donation
- Difference between coma and brain death
- Brief introduction about donor eligibility
Some questions asked by the participants:
- Who can donate organs?
- My friend is in need of organ how will you help him?
- Who is responsible to declare a patient brain dead?
After the session everyone present registered as organ donor and collected donor cards and posed with organ donation message boards and banners in support of the cause and promised to spread the awareness among friends and family.