On 26th and 27th November 2011, the Navjeevan team of MOHAN Foundation Jaipur Citizen Forum (MFJCF) organized Nukkad Natak, a form of street play during the organ donation week in Jaipur, Rajasthan. Students of S V Public School showcased the play, whose central theme was organ donation, at different places starting including Albert Hall, outside of the Patrika News and Dainik Bhaskar offices in Jaipur. St. Edmund’s school was also a contributor.
The following points were explained through the play:
- Types of organ donation and who can be a donor
- Difference between natural death and brain death
- Donation in case of natural death and brain death
- Importance of the donor card
- Registering at MOHAN Foundation to be organ donors
On the 27th a human chain was also formed to display solidarity with the cause. The audience enjoyed the play and was motivated to support the cause.