MFJCF was invited by SSG Pareek PG college, Jaipur on 12th January 2022, to conduct an awareness talk on organ donation and transplantation for their ongoing NSS (National Service Scheme) camp.
National Service Scheme (NSS) camp is a 7-day camp under the Central Sector Scheme of Government of India, Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports. The sole aim of the NSS is to provide hands on experience to young students in delivering community service.
Mrs. Amla Batra of MFJCF conducted the talk. A total of 150 students attended the talk.
She talked about the following points:
- What is organ donation and what are the types of donations?
- Who can be a donor?
- Difference between natural death and brain death
- What organs can be donated after natural and brain death
- Myths around organ donation
- Real life stories of an organ donors of Rajasthan
- Importance of donor card
The National Organ Donation Helpline number, 1800 103 7100 was shared with the participants. Out of 150 students, 100 students pledged as organ donors. MFJCF is thankful to Mr. MN Sharma, Principal Pareek College for inviting us to conduct the talk