On 13th November 2019, MFJCF organized an organ donation awareness event in a Gram Panchayat in Loharwada, Rajasthan. Around 40 participants attended the session and got sensitized about organ donation.
Dr. Satya V Sharma from the NHSBT, UK explained the concepts of organ donation and brain death to the participants.
The following points were discussed elaborately during the event:
- Types of organ donation and who can be a donor
- Difference between natural death and brain death
- Donation following natural death and brain death
- Importance of the donor card
- Registering at MOHAN Foundation to be organ donors
It was an interactive session and the participants were motivated to support the cause of organ donation.