MOHAN Foundation Jaipur Citizen Forum-Navjeevan team conducted an awareness talk on organ donation at Ramratanpura Panchayat, Bassi Jaipur to make people aware about the noble cause of organ donation.
Dr. Amla Batra, Dr. Hivani Sharma and Pavan Dubey represented the MJFCF- team. Mr. Ramkaran Sharma (Sarpanch) and Mr. Ramesh Chand Sharma (Gram Sevak) along with people from the village and the students of class 11 and 12th attended the session.
Mr. Ramkaran Sharma welcomed MFJCF members and invited Dr. Amla Batra to deliver the talk. She described the concept of organ donation with the help of presentation and video based on organ donation.
Following points were covered by Speaker during the talk.
1. Concept of organ donation and brain death.
2. Misconception about organ donation.
3. Need and supply of organ donation.
4. Current Scenario of organ donation in India.
Some questions were also asked by the students and all the answers were given by speaker.
1. How long it will take to transplant a Kidney?
2. How many patients are waiting for Liver transplant in Jaipur?
3.What should I do if my known is declared brain dead and his family wants to donate organs?
After the session all students posed for the photographs with organ donation message board “I SUPPORT ORGAN DONATION”.