On 06 Sep 2018 MOHAN Foundation Jaipur Citizen Forum Navjeevan team conducted an awareness talk on organ donation at Patan Pabchayat, Bassi Jaipur to make people aware about the organ donation.
Mr. PC Jain and Mr. Pavan Kumar Dubey represented the MFJCF team.
Mr. Rajesh Kumar Meena (Sarpanch) and Mr. Rajendra Kumar Mahawar (Gram Sevak) along with 40 villagers attended the session and got sensitized about organ donation.
Mr. PC Jain gave presentation with the help of video based on organ donation and brain death and covered following things.
- Concept of organ donation.
- Transplantation of human organs act 1994
- Organ donation after declaring brain death.
- Need of organs in India.
Some questions were also asked and answered by MFJCF team.
- Can a friend of mine donate one kidney to me?
- Is organ donation possible after cardiac death?
- Whom should I call if I found somebody to make arrangement for selling organs?
After the session 30 villagers picked up the donor cards and posed with organ donation message board for photographs.