On 15th October 2018 MOHAN Foundation Jaipur Citizen Forum Navjeevan team conducted an awareness talk on organ donation at Padasauli Panchayat, Bassi Jaipur with the help of AU Small Finance Bank to make people aware about the organ donation.
Mrs. Hemlata Shah and Mr. Pavan Kumar Dubey represented the MFJCF team. Mr. Tarun from AU Small Finance Bank also attended the program.
Mrs. Rekha Meena (Sarpanch) and Mr. Narsi lal Meena(Gram Sevak) along with 65 villagers attended the session and got sensitized about organ donation.
MFJCF members gave presentation with the help of video based on organ donation and brain death and covered following things.
- Opt out and opt in system.
- India’s position in organ donation.
- Declaration of brain dead.
Some questions were also asked and answered by MFJCF team.
- Whom should I contact for organ donation?
- What if one of my friends wants to donate his kidney to his known?
- How long it will take to organs out from the donor’s body?
After the session 65 villagers picked up the donor cards and posed with organ donation message board for photographs.