On 31st October 2018 MOHAN Foundation Jaipur Citizen Forum- Navjeevan team conducted an awareness talk on Organ Donation at Hansmahal Panchayat, Bassi, Jaipur, Rajasthan with the help of AU Small Finance Bank
Dr. Hivani Sharma and Mr. Pavan Kumar Dubey from MFJCF team and Mr. Kailash Chand Sharma representative of AU Finance bank attended the session.
Mr. Ramkaran Meena (Sarpanch), Mr. Ranjeet Alluriya (Gram Sevak), along with 65 villagers attended the session and got the useful information about organ donation.
MFJCF members gave presentation with the help of video based on organ donation and brain death and covered the following points.
1. Difference between brain dead and coma
2. Concept of organ donation
3. Difference between cardiac death and brain death
Some questions were also asked by villagers and answered by MFJCF team.
1. Is it possible to meet donor after getting organ.?
2. After transplantation, how long it will take to live normal life for recipients?
3. Is it possible to sell the organs?
After the session all the villagers posed with organ donation message board and banners for the photographs and promised to spread the awareness among friends and family.