On 26th September 2022, MFJCF was invited by Miss. Gauravi Kaushik to conduct an awareness talk session on organ donation and transplantation. Dr. Anita Hada, Project Director, MFJCF, Mrs. Renu Uba, MFJCF member, Mr. Ashish Sangwan, Kidney Transplant Recipient and Miss Gauravi Kaushik, student of JPIS conducted the talk session. A total of 50 participants attended the interaction
They talked about the following points:
- Real-life stories of organ donation
- Experiences shared as a live donor
- Recipient experience and story
A few questions asked by Miss Gauravi Kaushik
- What is organ donation and what are the types of donations?
- Who can be a donor?
- Difference between natural death and brain death
- Myths about organ donation
- Precautions taken by the recipient during and after transplantation
All questions are answered satisfactorily by Dr. Anita Hada , Mrs. Renu Uba and Mr. Ashish Sangwan .
Also, the National Organ Donation Helpline number, 1800 103 7100 was shared with the participants.
MFJCF is thankful to Miss Gauravi Kaushik for inviting us to conduct the talk session.