To spread awareness amongst rural people MOHAN Foundation Jaipur Citizen Forum (MFJCF)- Navjeevan team conducted an awareness talk on organ donation at the Office of Dhoblai Panchayat, Govindgadh, Jaipur on 11.06.2018.
Colonel Lokesh Shukla and Mr. Pavan Kumar Dubey represented the MFJCF- Navjeevan team.
Mr. Ramesh Chand Sharma (Sarpanch), Mrs. Indu Meena (Gram Sevak) and 30 villagers attended the session and got sensitized about the noble cause.
Colonel Lokesh Shukla delivered talk on behalf of MFJCF and covered following points:
1. Need of organ donation across the India.
2. Transplantation of Human Organs Act 1994.
3. Procedure of get registered in waiting list for a kidney.
4. Procedure to pledge for organs offline and online.
Villagers asked some questions during the talk.
1. Will I get money for the organ donation?
2. If we say yes to organ donation than how much time it will take to retrieve organs?
3. How can I donate my organ when I am alive?
All the satisfactory answers were given by MJFCF members. After the end of the program all villagers picked donor cards and posed with organ donation message board “I SUPPORT ORGAN DONATION”.