On 22nd August 2022, MFJCF was invited by Punjab & Sind Bank to conduct an awareness talk on organ donation and transplantation during monthly branch managers review meeting.
Dr. Anita Hada, Project Director, MFJCF conducted the talk. Also, Rtn Capt Amarjeet Sangwan was present. A total of 100 participants attended the talk. Around 30 people pledge as a Organ Donor.
They talked about the following points:
• What is organ donation and what are the types of donations?
• Who can be a donor?
• Difference between natural death and brain death
• What organs can be donated after natural and brain death
• Myths around organ donation
• Real-life stories of organ donors of Rajasthan
• Importance of donor card
• Organ pledging via Driving License
Also, the National Organ Donation Helpline number, 1800 103 7100 was shared with the participants. Some of the participants picked up donor cards and pledge as an organ donor.
MFJCF is thankful to Shri Sudhish Bajpai for inviting us to conduct the talk.