On 9th September 2022, MFJCF was invited by Narayan Multi-Speciality Hospital to conduct an awareness talk on organ donation and transplantation for nursing staff and nursing interns.
Dr. Anita Hada, Project Director, MFJCF conducted the talk. Mr. PC Jain, Member, MFJCF also present. A total of 100 participants attended the talk. Around 50 participants pledge as an Organ Donor.
She talked about the following points:
• What is organ donation and what are the types of donations?
• Who can be a donor?
• Difference between natural death and brain death
• Myths around organ donation
• Real-life stories of organ donors of Rajasthan
• Organ pledging via Driving License
Also, the National Organ Donation Helpline number, 1800 103 7100 was shared with the participants. Some of the participants picked up donor cards and pledge as an organ donor.
At the End, Nursing Intern perform a Drama on Organ Donation to promote the cause. Also, a small quiz was organized to check the knowledge of participants.
MFJCF is thankful to Mrs. Nidhi Anand for inviting us to conduct the talk.