On 10th September 2022, MFJCF was invited by Max Life Insurance Company to conduct an awareness talk on organ donation and transplantation during their meeting. Dr. Anita Hada, Project Director MFJCF conducted the talk. A total of 50 participants attended the talk. And Around 20 participants pledge as Organ Donor.
She talked about the following points:
• What is organ donation and what are the types of donations?
• Who can be a donor?
• Difference between natural death and brain death
• What organs can be donated after natural and brain death
• Myths around organ donation
• Real-life stories of organ donors of Rajasthan
• Importance of donor card
• Organ pledging via Driving License
The National Organ Donation Helpline number, 1800 103 7100 was shared with the participants. Some of the staff members picked up donor cards and pledge as an organ donor.
MFJCF is thankful to Mr. Sukhjit Bhatti & Ms. Salini Gupta, for inviting us to conduct the talk.