On 13th October 2022, MFJCF was invited by Apex hospitals, Jaipur to conduct an awareness talk on organ donation and transplantation.
Dr. Anita Hada, Project Director, MFJCF conducted the talk. Around 50 participants including residents, nursing staff, administrative staff attended the talk. 35 participants pledge for the organ donation.
She talked about the following points:
• What is organ donation and what are the types of donations?
• Who can be a donor?
• Difference between natural death and brain death
• What organs can be donated after natural and brain death
• Myths around organ donation
• Real-life stories of organ donors of Rajasthan
• Importance of donor card
• Organ pledging via Driving License
Also, the National Organ Donation Helpline number, 1800 103 7100 was shared with the participants. Some of the participants picked up donor cards and pledge as an organ donor.
MFJCF is thankful to Apex hospitals for inviting us to conduct the talk.