MFJCF-sponsored program on organ donation for villages was broadcast on 101.2 AIR. All India Radio’s program for villages, Gram Bharti, features discussions on various social, cultural, economic and agricultural topics in the local Rajasthani language. AIR has almost 4000-5000 live listeners via its mobile app, and via radio, it covers 70% area of Rajasthan accounting for more than 50,000 live listeners.
The broadcast was on 10th December 2022 at 9:15 Am- 9:45 Am featured Dr. Rajesh Bhojwani as the guest speaker. He answered various questions related to organ donation, including:
1. What is liver Transplant ?
2. Can one donate liver when alive like kidney ?How?
3. Can I donate liver to anyone ?(basics of Organ Transplant Act )
4. How can I pledge for donation of Organs after my death ?
5. Why does the liver fail ?
6. What should one do to keep liver in good health ?
7. How kidney transplantation is different from liver transplantation ?
Towards the end, Dr. Rajesh Bhojwani encouraged the audience to talk about and pledge for the organ donation with their family and friends and support the cause and request the listeners to save the toll free number 1800-103-7100.